Hello. I’m Heidi, the Creative Producer here at We Love Images
And I’m the proud owner of this business that I set up 5 years ago.
I took a leap of faith, after years of working for others, when I needed more flexibility and decided to ‘go it alone’. Everyone was championing me and my mentors at the time Kate and @markneilan convinced me to just ’do it’!
With a huge dose of inspiration from books like ‘The Fear is not the Boss of you’ I decided to go all in. There was no looking back. What did I really have to lose? Exciting. Scary. Exhilarating!
So I did it. I edited my showreel. Created a blog website. Took a long, long, long deep breath (gulp!) And picked up the phone…
I got 2 new clients in 3 weeks. I could not believe it!
Like all new business owners, I had a lot to learn and quickly put on lots of hats;
- Practicalities like insurance, business systems and archiving
- Embracing networking opportunities (not just hiding in the loos like I did the first time – not me now!)
- Establishing cost controllers and budgets
- Setting up a fully fledged website
And here we are. Producing amazing shoots for amazing clients. I’m so glad I took that leap. I could not be more proud 🙂 I have learnt so many new skills.
So now you know my story; here’s a few more facts about me:
- I have a vast collection of shoes and bags
- I love vinyl and have DJ’d in a club in Greece
- I jumped out of a plane for charity (solo!)
- Oh and I love orange gin..!