October Highlights: Reasons to be Cheerful
What a month! In the blink of an eye it’s now the end of October.. Scary how the time flies. And whilst spooky happenings bring the month to a close, we have so many reasons to be cheerful.
- Still doing what We Love… Spotlight on Production.
Each month on the Blog we will be showcasing new work, going Behind the Scenes and sharing insights into the We Love team and values.
This month we are focusing on the importance of investing in a Creative Producer for your Production, something that Heidi is passionate about, realising the true value and ‘glue’ that being the Producer truly is!
“I’ve heard it like this before…” Can’t I just do it myself? “What will I get for that?’ “Is it worth the investment?”
But sometimes it is just 100% worth it to have the support you need. Investing could be time, money, energy, effort.
So, why does investing move your business forwards? Your investment should get you closer to your goal than you would be otherwise.
If you invest you make sure it works and gives the BEST results it can and we use this approach for our Production Services.
These are just some of the things a Producer (like me) does.
- I have a huge passion for production and post – I bring creative thinking to any project
- I love meeting new people and clients to discuss a new brief, and get excited about what can be achieved.
- At We Love, I put together creative teams to deliver clever storytelling and messaging. I oversee all aspects of production from writing, casting, research, filming, music, editing, graphics, animation, and visual effects – which all work as one to bring moving images to life.
- I am personally responsible from the pitch stage through to delivery. I am known to always stay calm and enjoy a challenge. I can turn around any creative project with ease and commitment.
- I’m all about being on budget, on schedule and off the scale, creatively. I’m serious about making great work good fun!
- National Mentoring Day
October 27th was National Mentoring Day and this gave us a great opportunity to talk about the work we do as mentors at We Love. Our driven and passionate team have worked with young women on recent shoots to give them hands-on experience into the industry.
Our Production Assistant, Megan Oliver (@megroseannestyle) shared her experience of working with us on a recent shoot for Weight Watchers:
“I have been so fortunate to have been mentored by Heidi leading to me finding my place in the industry. I studied Fashion Management and Communications at Sheffield Hallam University. It was in my second year of study when Heidi connected me to the Stylist for a WW shoot, where I was able to assist Steven Spencer. I learnt so much by being thrown into the industry at full speed. The atmosphere of being on a commercial set instantly sparked joy and I immersed myself into the fast paced industry that is, production. Working in production means that no two days are the same, each production is so different to the next; new locations, new crew, new actors/actresses. I love seeing the end result whether that be a commercial on TV, a magazine or an online advertisement, after weeks of the entire crew working so hard. I am so grateful for the connections and experiences I have gained thanks to Heidi”.
- Half Term/Back to School
And as we head into a new term, with the challenging times we are still facing, many parents will be applying for their child’s school place unable to actually physically see the school and meet the teachers.
We worked with the teachers and staff at Colleton Twyford school (also our boys school!) to create some drone footage for a virtual tour compilation.
So special to be able to support the school and community by capturing some fantastic views of the facilities and grounds. An honour to be able to bring the school to life in this way.
What will November bring? We can’t wait to see and share with you.